Heather MacDonald Greene Multimedia Center
The HMGMC offers a full range of software, from beginner to professional-level, for creating and editing 3D models, audio, video, photography, graphics, animation and design. We also have specialized workspaces that have capabilities for high-quality video production, regular and oversized scanning, photographing small to medium objects in a light box, video conferencing and presentation rehearsal. The HMGMC has a dedicated staff ready to assist users at all points in their project. Our location is on the third floor of Kent Library, room 329.
1 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Monday – Thursday:
10 a.m. – 8 p.m.
10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Beginning August 24, 2020, the following guidelines will be in effect until further notice:
- Visitors must check-in at the front desk. HMGMC staff must sign you in digitally before you can use a workstation. Please inform staff when you leave, so that the workspace can be disinfected immediately.
- Walk-in access might be limited. Making a reservation will guarantee that a work space is available at the time you need it.
- Groups of up to 2 people may work in production rooms together, and up to 4 people in the One Button Studio.
- The photography light box is available for use. Please notify HMGMC staff of resources needed for your reservation.
- MacBook Airs can be reserved to use in production rooms where multiple people need access to Adobe Creative Cloud. Please request when making an appointment. Available on a first come first served basis.
- A PC workstation is available in room 329A.
- iMac workstations are available in room 329B and C. (If a PC is preferred in a room where an iMac is currently connected, please ask HMGMC staff for assistance).
- An additional iMac is available in the main room of the HMGMC. It is located 12 feet from the front desk of the HMGMC.
- All fans located in the HMGMC must remain on the floor.
- All workstations and any equipment used will be sanitized after each visit.
- In-person tours can be provided right outside of the HMGMC doors. Visitors will be able to look into the HMGMC, but will remain outside of the space during the tour. If an entire class is touring, they may be split into two groups to allow for social distancing.
- A virtual tour is available as an alternative to in-person tours. Please notify Danielle Farrow firstname.lastname@example.org if a class is required to view the virtual tour for a class assignment.
- Virtual assistance is available as needed or preferred via email, phone, and Zoom appointments.
Although not required, reservations are encouraged to guarantee availability of both space and equipment at the Heather MacDonald Greene Multimedia Center. You may reserve a room for up to 3 hours at a time.
To make a reservation:
Class Visits and Workshops
Class visits and workshops are available to Southeast classes and departments, and can cover a range of topics such as graphic design, video editing, 3D modeling/printing, and more. Faculty members can set up a class visit or workshop with the HMGMC manager.
To inquire about or set up a class visit or workshop: