Heather MacDonald Greene Multimedia Center
The HMGMC offers a full range of software, from beginner to professional-level, for creating and editing 3D models, audio, video, photography, graphics, animation and design. We also have specialized workspaces that have capabilities for high-quality video production, regular and oversized scanning, photographing small to medium objects in a light box, video conferencing and presentation rehearsal. The HMGMC has a dedicated staff ready to assist users at all points in their project. Our location is on the third floor of Kent Library, room 329.
Due to COVID-19 the Heather MacDonald Greene Multimedia Center (HMGMC) is open by appointment only from June 24 until August 23. HMGMC User safety is our greatest priority and we apologize for the inconvenience. Appointments will be available for production rooms and the One Button Studio. Mac and PC workstations are available. Please state your preference when requesting an appointment. Workstations are disinfected after each use. To make an appointment or for virtual assistance, please contact us:
Hours for Appointments
Monday - Friday
9 a.m. - 12 p.m.
1 p.m. - 3 p.m.
Beginning August 24, the following guidelines will be in effect until further notice:
- Visitors must check-in at the front desk. HMGMC staff must sign you in digitally before you can use a workstation. Please inform staff when you leave, so that the workspace can be disinfected immediately.
- Walk-in access might be limited. Making a reservation will guarantee that a work space is available at the time you need it.
- Groups of up to 5 people may work in production rooms together, as well as in the One Button Studio.
- The photography light box is available for use. Please notify HMGMC staff of resources needed for your reservation.
- MacBook Airs can be reserved to use in production rooms where multiple people need access to Adobe Creative Cloud. Please request when making an appointment. Available on a first come first served basis.
- A PC workstation is available in room 329A.
- iMac workstations are available in room 329B and C. (If a PC is preferred in a room where an iMac is currently connected, please ask HMGMC staff for assistance).
- An additional iMac is available in the main room of the HMGMC. It is located 12 feet from the front desk of the HMGMC.
- All fans located in the HMGMC must remain on the floor.
- All workstations and any equipment used will be sanitized after each visit.
- In-person tours can be provided right outside of the HMGMC doors. Visitors will be able to look into the HMGMC, but will remain outside of the space during the tour. If an entire class is touring, they may be split into two groups to allow for social distancing.
- A virtual tour option will be available as an alternative to in-person tours. Please notify Mary Robbins firstname.lastname@example.org and/or Danielle Farrow email@example.com if a class is required to view the virtual tour for a class assignment.
- Virtual assistance is available as needed or preferred via email, phone, and Zoom appointments.
Beginning August 24:
1 p.m. – 8 p.m.
Monday – Thursday:
10 a.m. – 8 p.m.
10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Although not required, reservations can be made to guarantee availability of both space and equipment at the Heather MacDonald Greene Multimedia Center. You may reserve a room for up to 3 hours at a time.
To make a reservation: