News & Events
Kent Library is open, and we will continue to offer curbside pickup for library users. You have two options for requesting materials.
Option 1 – Curbside Request Form
- Click here to fill out a form to request books and/or dvds. You may have to download the blank form before filling it out. If you prefer a Word document instead of a pdf, click here.
- Enter your information and the titles and call numbers for books or DVDs you want to borrow.
- Select one of the available pick-up times.
- To save the completed PDF from your web browser select File > Print, then choose the setting of "Save as PDF". Save the form as “your last name request” and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org For example: “Jones request.pdf” or “Jones request.docx”.
- Circulation will email you, confirming the availability of the titles you requested, your pickup time and pickup instructions.
- The morning of your pickup, you will receive an email receipt showing the items requested were checked out to you.
- When you arrive at Kent Library, please park in one of the designated parking spaces for curbside pickup near the back doors of the library.
- Call 573-651-2232 and tell us your name and the spot number where you are parked
- When we bring your items out, please show us your photo ID through your window (either your Southeast ID or other government issued ID).
- For contact-less pickup, pop your trunk, and we’ll place your books in your trunk. Otherwise, we can hand the books to you through your window.
Southeast Missouri State University is committed to protecting the health and well-being of our campus community. We’re working to monitor the coronavirus pandemic as we move forward in providing a quality academic experience and personal support for our students on campus.
Please view the following video to learn how you can protect the nest!
Visit semo.edu/covid for additional information.
Looking for something new to read? Wonder what the library has to offer? Check out our “Reading Recs!” Each month Kent Library will post a themed list of books recommended by students, faculty, staff, and alumni, offering you new and exciting reading options. Check out the current list! You can also suggest books or future themes.
New Reference Hours!
Monday – Thursday 9:00 AM-7:00 PM
Friday 9:00 AM-5:00 PM
Saturday 11:00 AM-3:00 PM
Sunday 1:00 PM-8:00 PM
Students, staff, and guests can now talk to the Reference librarian in-person, safely, behind a plexiglass ‘sneeze guard’ while viewing a separate monitor we have set-up for patron’s safety and convenience! Of course, masks are required! Reference also continues virtually through our chat service, email communication, and via telephone (573.986.6793). Librarians can also set up a Zoom meeting to help with research consultations. Best of luck to students working through this pandemic! We are here to help!
Kent Library has a reservable room available for students in a Zoom class. KL249A is on the main floor, close to the back door. Students can reserve the room for up to 1.5 hours, three times a week. Students can check out a laptop at the Circulation Desk or bring their own device. Headphones are highly recommended.
To reserve the room, click on this link: https://semo.libcal.com/reserve/zoom
You can also access the reservations by clicking on the ”Study Rooms” Quick Link on the library’s home page and then change the category at the top from “Group Study Rooms” to “Zoom Room”.
Please consider sharing how the COVID-19 pandemic has affected your daily life as a Southeast student, faculty or staff member, or community member. Special Collections & Archives in Kent Library is accepting submissions of stories, videos and images that document how life has been changed during this historic global health crisis. Please consider sharing your story with us today!
Visit this link to share your story.
Kent Library is happy to announce most library collections are once again open for browsing. We ask that you maintain healthy habits by sanitizing your hands before browsing, keeping your mask on, maintaining social distancing, placing unwanted items on designated carts and tables, and sanitizing your hands when you finish. Please contact Kent Library at 573-651-2232 if you have any questions.