News & Events
Please click one of the links below to view a guide for how students and faculty can find library resources online and online resources for citing sources. It also covers how to get help from the Librarians when you are unable to visit the Reference Desk:
Student Guide for Library Services: https://semo.libguides.com/covid-19-student
Faculty Guide for Library Services: https://semo.libguides.com/covid-19-faculty
Kent Library is open, and we will continue to offer curbside pickup for library users. You have two options for requesting materials.
Option 1 – Curbside Request Form
- Click here to fill out a form to request books and/or dvds. You may have to download the blank form before filling it out. If you prefer a Word document instead of a pdf, click here.
- Enter your information and the titles and call numbers for books or DVDs you want to borrow.
- Select one of the available pick-up times.
- To save the completed PDF from your web browser select File > Print, then choose the setting of "Save as PDF". Save the form as “your last name request” and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org For example: “Jones request.pdf” or “Jones request.docx”.
- Circulation will email you, confirming the availability of the titles you requested, your pickup time and pickup instructions.
- The morning of your pickup, you will receive an email receipt showing the items requested were checked out to you.
- When you arrive at Kent Library, please park in one of the designated parking spaces for curbside pickup near the back doors of the library.
- Call 573-651-2232 and tell us your name and the spot number where you are parked
- When we bring your items out, please show us your photo ID through your window (either your Southeast ID or other government issued ID).
- For contact-less pickup, pop your trunk, and we’ll place your books in your trunk. Otherwise, we can hand the books to you through your window.
Kent Library reopens to Southeast students, faculty, staff and community guests on Wednesday, June 24 at 8:00am.
- The Library will be open in a limited capacity, with access to some of its public spaces.
- All users are asked to enter through Kent Library’s back parking lot doors.
- Users will have access to the Circulation Desk, the 3rd floor student computer lab and a 3rd floor study area.
- Access to the Heather MacDonald Greene Multimedia Center email@example.com and Special Collections & Archives firstname.lastname@example.org will be by appointment.
- Social distancing will be promoted throughout Kent Library’s spaces.
- Reference assistance will continue to be through chat and Zoom consultations.
- All student study rooms are closed.
- The new curbside checkout delivery service will continue. Find instructions at: https://library.semo.edu/about-us/news-and-events/curbside-pickup-service
- Users will not have physical access to library collections. Please use the curbside request form to place a hold and items will be retrieved for you.
- Kent Library’s front doors will be locked.
- During summer classes:
- Kent Library will be open Monday—Friday, 8:00am—6:00pm
- Beginning July 11, the Library will be open Saturdays from 9:00am—3:00pm too.
- See Library hours at: https://library.semo.edu/about-us/hours/hours-calendar
Looking for something new to read? Wonder what the library has to offer? Check out our “Reading Recs!” Each month Kent Library will post a themed list of books recommended by students, faculty, staff, and alumni, offering you new and exciting reading options. Check out the current list! You can also suggest books or future themes.
Please consider sharing how the COVID-19 pandemic has affected your daily life as a Southeast student, faculty or staff member, or community member. Special Collections & Archives in Kent Library is accepting submissions of stories, videos and images that document how life has been changed during this historic global health crisis. Please consider sharing your story with us today!
Visit this link to share your story.
March 23 - August 23
Monday - Friday
9 a.m. - 12 p.m. and 1 p.m. - 4 p.m.
Kent Library Reference services during the dates of 3/23 - 8/23 will be available virtually through Chat and Email at the following link https://library.semo.edu/research-help/ask-us. Library liaisons can be contacted at https://library.semo.edu/about-us/forms-and-policies/Librarian%20Dept.%20Liaison%20List.pdf (email information on 2nd page). Alternatively, video appointments can be added here https://semo.libcal.com/appointments/video (some preparation time is required). We encourage students to continue their studies and please reach out to librarians with your reference and research questions. Again, librarians will be available 9 a.m. - 12 p.m. and 1 p.m. - 4 p.m., Monday through Friday.