Kent Library is featuring trial access to Ebrary, a digital library of over 70,000 e-books covering a wide variety of academic topics, intended for college level study and research. Books may be read online in a web browser, or chapters and/or sections of up to 60 pages may be downloaded as PDF files. Entire books may also be ‘checked out’ for a 2 week period. Downloads require creating a free personal account with Ebrary, which also enables note-taking and other features. E-book content can be directly downloaded to iPhones/iPads via a dedicated app. For other devices, e-books can be downloaded to a computer, then transferred/sideloaded using the free Adobe Digital Editions software. The trial runs through the end of the Spring semester.
- Access the Ebrary search/browse interface.
- 4 Steps to Ebrary quick access guide – PDF format
- Quick start video (Flash format).
- Two-page quick guide – step by step getting started guide in PDF format.
- The iOS app is available through the app store on your iPhone, iPod Touch, or iPad.
- Adobe Digital Editions software PC based software for offline reading/transferring to non iOS mobile devices.
- Note: the Amazon Kindle does not currently support downloading entire books for 2 week checkout, but single chapters or sections up to 60 pages may be downloaded.