Labor Day Community Picnic Programs, Cape Girardeau, 1923.
Programs (16p) from the city picnic held at Fairground Park, the proceeds from which benefited the Community Band. Lists events and sponsors.
| League of Women Voters of Southeast Missouri Oral History
Collection, 2005. 27 items.
Bound transcript (58p) and recordings of interviews between local LWV members and Southeast Missouri State University history graduate student, Lisa Marie Graham.
League of Women Voters of Southeast Missouri Papers, 1968-2007.
linear feet. 2004.143.
Records of the League of Women Voters of Southeast Missouri concerning league administration and service programs organized by the league.*Oversized.
Leech, A.D., Business Ledgers, Vol. 1-3, 1866-1871, 1868-1869,
1868-1871. 3 items. 2008.106.
Three volumes of records for the A.D. Leech Company, a general store and later a cotton market, located at 102 North Main in Cape Girardeau, Missouri.
Lewis Papers, Harold Harwell (H. H.), 1927-1981. 4.5 linear feet. 1998.086.
Drafts and published poetry and essays, reviews, correspondence, newspaper clippings, ephemera and videos of Lewis, an essayist and poet from Cape Girardeau, Missouri. Greatly influenced by the struggles of farm laborers, his work focuses primarily on the social and political issues of the 1930s through the 1950s. Later in his life, Lewis developed conspiracy theories about the attack on Pearl Harbor.
Library Scrapbook: Cape Girardeau Public Library Notes
Scrapbook, 1921-1934. 1 item. 2007.111.
Articles relating to the Cape Public Library, “Missouri Book Week” memorabilia, photographs, and library event memorabilia.
Library Scrapbook: History of
the Cape Girardeau Public Library, 1916-1942.
1 item. 2007.136 |
Articles regarding the history of Cape Girardeau’s library—initial plans, construction, growth, events, and staff. Also includes a booklet about Cape’s Carnegie Library (the original public library).
| Little River Drainage District Centennial Celebration Documents,
Invitations, programs, official seal, and illustrated printed booklet (23 pg) prepared in conjunction with the 100th anniversary celebration of the Little River Drainage District Corporation, held at Kent Library, Southeast Missouri State University, November 4, 2007.
Little River Drainage District Records, 1907-1990.
1197.0 linear feet.
Records of the Little River Drainage District, the company responsible for draining the swamplands of Southeast Missouri and Northeast Arkansas and maintaining the region since. The collection includes the records of day to day business, including reports, correspondence, notes, maps, blueprints, and other records relating to the organization.
| Little River Drainage District Contract, 1957.
2 items. 2003.027.
The circuit court order that extended the corporate life of the Little River Drainage District.
| Little River Drainage District Manuscript, undated.
1 item. 1998.138.
Mimeograph typescript (5p) providing a brief history of the establishment of the district and information on its boundaries and major figures. Author is unknown.
| Little River Drainage District Photographs, 1915-1918.
Photographs (25) and negatives (16) of construction of the Little River Drainage District diversion channels, levees and ditches in the Missouri bootheel.
Living History of Flat River, Elvins, Desloge, and Farmington,
Missouri, (Microfilm), 1953. 1
Microfilm copy of the book of the same title by Mr. Bob McHenry. Includes black and white photo images of Flat River, Elvins, Desloge, and Farmington [MO] and the surrounding regions.
| Lloyd Pamphlet, Hiram, 1923-1924.
Pamphlet (12p) excerpting newspaper articles on Lloyd, Lieutenant Governor of Missouri, created for his gubernatorial campaign.
Loeffel Collection, Herman, circa 1920, circa 1970. 2
Photograph (damaged) of Herman Loeffel, and newspaper article (2 copies) on the life Loeffel, a German stonemason who immigrated to Southeast Missouri in the late 19th century and built many stone structures in Cape Girardeau.
| Lorimier Deed, Louis, 1893.1 item. 1998.146.
Transcribed copy of 1821 deed conveying Louis Lorimier’s land on which the Court of Common Pleas now sits to the citizens of Cape Girardeau.
| Lower Mississippi Site Survey, 1940-1993. 1.0 linear foot.
Notes and studies resulting from the archeological survey of southeast Missouri done as part of a larger survey of the entire Lower Mississippi region started in 1939 by the Peabody Museum at Harvard University.
|Lueders Oral History Transcript, Paul, 1994 Oct. 6. 1 item. 2012.007.
Transcript of an interview with Paul Lueders, founder of the Lueders Studio. Interview includes information about Lueders’ personal life and his photography studio. Interview conducted by Susan Corvick
Lueders Studio Collection, 1920-1995. 175.0 linear feet. 1996.002.
The Lueders Studio Collection spans seventy years of commercial photographic work by Herbert Lueders and his sons, Paul and John. Lueders Studio, located at 427 Broadway, began operations in the 1920s. Paul Lueders earned national fame as a Master Retoucher, turning photographs into fine art. The Lueders Collection is a "who's who" of Southeast Missouri, containing images of local people, families, politicians, businesses and events. People from all walks of life came from the surrounding area to sit for portraits. After the studio closed in 1995, John Lueders donated the collection to Southeast Missouri State University.