Interlibrary Loan (ILL) Policies
General ILL Policies
- ILL requests are free to Southeast Missouri State University students, faculty, & staff.
- Audio visual materials are not requestable.
- Entire volumes of journals are not requestable.
- E-books are not requestable.
- The average time from request submission to receipt of material is 11 business days. This time may be shorter or longer, depending on a variety of factors such as: days the university and Kent Library are closed, location of the material, and availability of the item at other libraries.
- Items cannot be renewed. The date written on the bookband is the due date. If the item is needed for longer than the specified due date, then another copy can be requested.
- The lending library determines the terms and conditions of each individual request. For example, the lending library decides the due date and can state if the item has to stay in the library during use.
- Fulfillment of a request is affected by a variety of factors, including publication date and the number of lending libraries who own a copy of the material. The Kent Library interlibrary loan department will make every attempt to fulfill requests however fulfillment is not guaranteed.
Community Patron ILL Policies
- Community patrons must have a local patron account, including an S0 number, with Kent Library in order to make requests.
- Community patrons are allowed eight (8) free requests per fiscal year. (Fiscal years run July 1 through June 30.)
- After the free requests have been utilized, a patron will be charged $25 per successful request, whether or not the item is ever picked up from the library or used.